There is no question that breakups are tough but getting over a breakup and moving on, is the only way that you can be happy again. This is easier said than done especially if you have been with somebody for a long time and they are no longer in your life but these “how to get over a breakup” tips, should help you in beating the breakup blues.
1. Erase your ex from your life – So you and your partner have broke up but there are probably lots of little reminders of what you once had, laying around the place? So get rid of the presents, the cards and more importantly – delete their contact details. This means phone numbers, email address anything that gives you a method to get in touch. Just having these things around will make you want to get in contact with them and no good can come from that.
2. Keep yourself busy – It’s so important to get out of the house and hang out with your friends after a difficult breakup. Friends will help you get through what is a very difficult time in your life and doing fun activities will keep your mind elsewhere.
3. Stop obsessing about your ex – Don’t analyze the situation over and over again, why you broke up, how you can get back together.etc. Just stop, if you are meant to be, your paths might cross again but for now remember that an ex is an ex for a reason.
4. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself – This could be anything from giving yourself a makeover to doing a hobby that you have wanted to try for ages. Doing something like this will show you that you are your own person and that there are plenty more fish in the sea who would be lucky to have you!
5. Write down your feelings – You will be amazed just how good writing down how you feel can help you deal with your emotions. If you feel like you are boring your friends with the same topic of conversation over and over, this can be another outlet for your emotions. Pretend you are writing to your ex but don’t actually give your musings to them obviously! Writing down things is like a load off your chest and you will feel so much better for it, so when you are having a particularly bad day put pen to paper and let the words flow.
6. Stay active – Exercise releases feel good endorphins which instantly put you in a better mood, this combined with the fact that exercise can help you lose weight and feel much more confident is definitely a bonus!
7. Get back out there when you are ready – Do not rush into dating again but when you feel like enough time has past and you are a stronger person, go for it. Dating new people can make you see that there are many people out there who are attractive, fun and everything that you need. Whether you find something casual to keep you entertained or something more long term, the best way to get over somebody is to find somebody new.